Discover Courage is a §501(c)(3) non-profit charitable service organization that provides leadership development and personal growth programs for Special Operations Interagency/National Missions Force (IA/NMF) members, past and present. Additional information on our Programs may be found here.
How does Discover Courage and its programs differ from existing non-profit organizations?
- Our programs are tailored to meet the needs of the IA/NMF community, including active duty members.
- Our Executive Officers, Board of Directors, and Board of Advisors of Discover Courage proudly serve as volunteers, without compensation.
- Our programs are open to all service branches contributing to the IA/NMF.
- Our programs complement – but do not duplicate – existing non-profit organizations that provide support services to veterans and family members of our military.
- Our services include intensive, multi-dimensional, extremely organized and professionally staffed outdoor programs with moderate physical demand.
- We provide continued specialized services and resources for our participants following the completion of individual program weeks.
Do Discover Courage programs support family members?
We do not provide support services for family members of our participants or for non-IA/NMF members, past or present. However, we can facilitate referrals to other non-profit organizations that provide these services.
Do you publish a list of program events?
Respecting the confidentiality of our participants is critical to Discover Courage’s mission. Accordingly, we do not publicize our participant program events. We acknowledge our donor support in a more limited and focused manner than most other non-profit organizations.
Does Discover Courage accept donations or other support?
Discover Courage gratefully accepts donations from corporations as well as individuals. Please contact us for more information or click here to visit our Donate page.
Is Discover Courage an IRS Registered Tax-Exempt Charitable Organization?
Discover Courage is a §501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable service organization with a tax ID of 46-1829800. Discover Courage may be found on the IRS Exempt Organizations lookup here. Charitable contributions and gifts to Discover Courage are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. Discover Courage’s exemption determination letter can be viewed here.
Click here to download a copy of Discover Courage’s most recent IRS Form 990.